Table of content
More and more brands are turning to conversational AI to deliver solutions to their customers, and the latest functionality of this technology encompasses the ability to create a hyper-realistic AI avatar over video. This innovative approach is just a small part of what the conversational AI universe has to offer. Incorporating a conversational AI avatar in video format not only modernizes customer service and facilitates processes, but also opens up a range of creative possibilities for producing high-quality content.
If we talk about facilitating staff training processes, offering video tutorials, answering queries or guiding users to certain sites, a conversational AI video avatar is an ideal ally to manage these tasks in a human-like, agile and satisfying way. In this article we will see what are the points to take into account to make the most of this trend and create a conversational AI video avatar that represents your brand perfectly.
How is conversational AI applied in video?
We know that the heart of conversational AI is to generate open and empathetic conversations and efficient responses for each user. So what does it mean to apply this technology to a video avatar? We are talking about all the benefits of conversational AI, but reflected in a different way. Instead of engaging in virtual conversations with a chatbot or virtual assistant in writing, users will have the possibility to take the experience further and interact with a human figure with a face, body and voice: the avatar. It is a small glimpse of what awaits us in future interactions in the metaverse.
For example, Aivo's Conversational AI video uses the same artificial intelligence as our conversational bot, and incorporates Synthesia's innovative technology to bring the chatbot to life through a hyper-realistic avatar.
The avatar as the visible face of the brand
The avatar will be the visible face of your brand on your website for the duration of the interaction with the user. For this reason, it is important that it faithfully reflects the tone, voice and message that each brand wants to convey. Its appearance must be aligned with the brand's values and must be acceptable to the consumers who will interact with it.
A very important aspect of any conversational AI video avatar is that they are almost completely customisable. You can choose how you want it to speak, how you want it to look, and you can even choose which specific person you want to play it. You can choose a celebrity, a model or even someone from your brand's staff (as long as you have their consent in all cases).
Some practices to consider to get the best out of your conversational AI avatar
About the avatar’s attire
In addition to being consistent with the image your brand wants to convey, the avatar's aesthetics should comply with certain characteristics to be best used. It is not only important to take into account their facial features, but also their entire attire. Some points that should not be overlooked are:
- Accessories, make-up and hairstyle. It is important to choose them with the aesthetics of the brand the avatar will represent in mind.
- Attire. It is advisable not to use printed clothes, so that the image editing is as accurate as possible, and so that the background can be clearly separated from the figure.
- The colors of their clothing. It is advisable that the avatar wears clothes that are preferably dark, and that do not clash with the color palette of the website. In addition, it is important that the chosen color can last over time (even if the colors of the website change).
- As for accessories, the more subtle the better. This will facilitate the final editing worK.
- The hairstyle. It is very important that there are no gaps or spaces in the avatar's hair. It should look uniform and should not show through to the background.
About the avatar's body language
If you consider that the avatar is going to be representing your brand, the non-verbal language should be a key point of attention. Everything the avatar shows or does with its body will be part of the message it conveys. To achieve an avatar that denotes a positive and representative attitude of the brand, we recommend:
- That the person is always in an upright position, with relaxed shoulders and chin up.
- That the filming corresponds to a medium shot, capturing from the person's waist to above his or her head.
- That the person does not move their head or arms in a jerky manner. Preferably, they should remain still at all times.
- The person should maintain subtle facial gestures, without exaggerated movements of the mouth, eyebrows or eyes.
About the production day
To bring your conversational AI video avatar to life, you only need a video of less than 15 minutes for your model. Filming can be done in half a day if all the steps are followed to the letter. To optimize these times and get the most out of the day, some good practices are:
- Having a production team in charge of casting models or actors (if necessary) and managing the styling of the avatar's character.
- Filming with professional equipment in a film studio, in order to have the ideal lighting and all the necessary elements to enhance the video.
- Pay special attention to the lighting, to any shadows or light that may be cast on the avatar's face. It is essential that the light is even and does not alter the image.
- Have a predefined script for the actor or actress to read repeatedly looking at the camera.
About their voice and tone
The conversational video AI avatar will not have the same voice as the person chosen to play it. That is, if we choose a model, actor or real person from the company, we can count on their image and movements, but not on their voice. For the execution of a video avatar with conversational AI, synthetic voices are used. Some features of these voices are:
- They can be configured in up to six different languages
- Accents, regionalisms and idioms specific to the geographic area in which the brand or its audience is located can be chosen
Some final specifications
Finally, it is essential to make it clear that in order to have an avatar that is a real person (be it a celebrity, model, actor or someone internal to the company) it is necessary to sign a written consent from this person. In addition, we recommend specifying for how long this consent will be valid and what other use (if any other than the avatar) will be given to his or her personal image.
Humanize the customer experience with your avatar
With recent technological advances, customers are becoming increasingly demanding and expect companies to live up to their expectations. This is why it is essential that brands continue to innovate in order to stand out and offer continuous improvements to their users. A conversational AI avatar is a great opportunity to continue to offer efficient customer service solutions with the right amount of technology and personalisation.
If you want to start automating exceptional customer experiences for your business, book a demo today!