Have you thought about using AI chatbots for your ecommerce business?
If you haven’t, let me tell you why using AI chatbots has now become more important than ever.
A majority of you will agree that the Covid-19 global pandemic is likely to be one of the defining events of 2020. In fact, its impact can last well into the decade.
With people practicing social distancing, restaurants, bars, movie theatres, gyms, and all non-essential businesses have been ordered to close. During this period of self-isolation, even the way people shop is changing.
54% of millennials, 24% of baby boomers, and 34% of Gen Xers said that the Covid-19 crisis has impacted their purchase decisions. 21% of consumers also said that they are shopping more frequently online (from ecommerce businesses like yours).
From bulk-buying to online shopping, we have seen it all during the past few months. Most people are limiting shopping to necessary stuff such as medicine, groceries, other food items, household products, and personal care products. Some are investing in online courses too.
In this scenario, it’s crucial for ecommerce brands to adapt to meet the consumers’ changing needs and deliver satisfactory experiences during the Covid-19 outbreak.
That’s where the AI chatbot technology comes into the picture.
However, before I tell you how AI chatbots can empower your ecommerce sales, let’s take a look at what consumers expect from you.
What Do Consumers Expect from Ecommerce Brands?
While shopping online, consumers expect ecommerce brands to provide them with exceptional user experiences. And trust me, reliable and intelligent AI chatbots can help you serve your customers better.
Consumers want you to ensure that it is easy for them to:
– Look for products that they want to buy. Your ecommerce website should have well-defined product categories and subcategories. Also, it should be easy for users to navigate through different types of products. You can also deploy a chatbot who provides useful recommendations.
– Buy products or services. You need to ensure that your checkout and payment process is simple. The more payment options, the better it will be. If you deal with physical products, make sure that you are transparent about the available delivery options and the expected delivery times.
– Cancel a purchase. Do you have an SaaS product or do you have a subscription-based purchase model? You need to remember that sometimes easy cancellation policies can also help boost sales. This helps them convert even those consumers who aren’t sure initially if they will be able to continue using the service for a long period. You can also allow customers to cancel orders via chatbot conversations.
– Track their orders. You should have a tracking number for every order a customer places in your online store. This will make it easy for them to track it and enquire about its delivery date, even from your chatbot.
– Return products and get refunds. You should ensure that your ecommerce business offers easy return and refund policies and options, which can be easily automated through an AI chatbot.
Overall, II chatbots can help your ecommerce business survive these difficult times by increasing sales and retention and enhancing your brand’s reputation. All you need to do is to prioritize your customers’ needs over your own needs.
How Can AI Chatbots Help Boost Your Ecommerce Business’ growth?
Selling online is tough. However, using AI chatbots for ecommerce can help you attract more visitors, engage with them, and keep your customers happy throughout their buying process.
Why AI chatbots, you may ask?
The greatest advantage of using AI chatbots for ecommerce is that they are available 24/7 and can provide the information your visitors need, exactly when they are looking for it.
If you run an ecommerce website, the right AI chatbot can help you:
1. Engage Your Visitors and Turn Them Into Leads
Everyone who visits your ecommerce website is a potential customer. As long as you have good products or services and great content, an AI chatbot can engage with your visitors and turn them into leads.
Intelligent, AI-powered chatbots can chat with users and store their valuable contact information. They can automatically transfer these leads to the concerned department of your CRM system.
2. Make the Right Conversations
When a customer or potential buyer reaches out to your ecommerce business, your AI-powered virtual assistant can solve their problem or provide them with the right information.
AI chatbots integrated with knowledge bases and CRMs can automatically answer customer questions and offer instant and personalized solutions.
With omnichannel customer services, an AI chatbot can interact with your customers across various digital channels such as web chat, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and SMS.
3. Encourage Sales
Ecommerce sales are not only about new customers. You need to encourage repeat purchases and use upselling and cross-selling techniques to increase sales, especially, during these troubled times.
And what’s the best way to do this?
Help prospects through the buying process. AI chatbots can help your potential buyers find the products or services they are looking for.
If they are an existing customer, AI chatbots can offer them personalized recommendations and offers based on their preferences and past purchases. Upselling and cross-selling can help you increase your average order value and customer lifetime value.
That’s not all.
When you offer good experiences, you can expect your customers to return, make more purchases, and recommend your ecommerce site to their friends and family members.
Are You Ready to Sail Your Ecommerce Business Through These Troubled Waters?
We are, all of us, in this together.
Your target consumers are trying their best to adapt to these unpredictable times, which is causing a shift in their buying behaviors.
As a business owner, it may be even more difficult for you. But, this is the time to support your customers’ needs and serve them as best as you can.
Leveraging AI chatbots for your ecommerce business can help you improve customer experiences, give instant support, offer personalized recommendations, and much more. All of this can help you retain your customers and build your brand’s reputation.
That’s why we want to let you know that you can count on us. To help businesses handle this situation, Aivo has enabled a free program for companies with more than five thousand conversations monthly. It includes our live chat (LIve) and knowledge-base (Help) at no cost until June. We also launched Aivo Quick Onboarding for companies to implement our solutions in record time.